[Gpdd] Health - merrie and the brotherhood

Rachel Koo koo.rachel at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 00:51:17 EDT 2014

Hello Cindy and Penny and all piggy friends

Thanks for your good wishes to Merrie. He seems fine now...although he will
scratch and irritate his eyes every now and then and this seems to have a
knock on effect on his sneezy nose. He is a chronic rhinitis boy. I have
kept him on vitamin b even after he recovered from the mini stroke. I
forgot to add that I don't know if he had one or a series of mini strokes,
as I did notice that his incisors were slanted, like he was chewing more on
one side than the other. They became perfectly straight again after one
month on the vitamin b solution. We used one neuroforte tablet dissolved in
10 ml of water and I fed him 0.3 ml of that daily.

It just has been a terrible year. What with panda's bladder stones then
merrie's pneumonia and stroke on top of his osteoarthritis. And now, my
youngest boy rufus seems to have diabetes. He was on bactrim suspension for
pneumonia and I think the high sugar content of the antibiotic suspension
may have triggered cataract formation. The poor boy is only just turning
one year old and he now has cataracts in both eyes. They developed very
quickly too. I tested his urine and the glucose level was sky high.  I put
him on a restricted test diet, as advised by Ann. The good news was that
after one week on the test diet, his pee was back to normal. And stayed
normal for the three weeks he was on the test diet. I put him back on his
kleenmama pellets and after one week, glucose showed up in his pee again. I
put him back on the test diet and now after a week of being pellet free the
poor boy still has sky high levels of glucose in his pee. I really hope his
glucose levels go back to normal soon or we will have to resort to
medication.

Rachel