[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Calcium for stroke

Ann Evans ann.evans at hintlink.com
Sat Aug 23 15:35:10 EDT 2014

I use a product that is a strawberry flavoured Calcium liquid made by
MRM. I believe I bought it online at Vitacost. It is called Cal-Mag-Zinc
Liquid. It contains in 15ml vitamin D3 600 units, Calcium 600mg,
Phosphorus 300mg, Magnesium 300mg, Zinc 7.5mg and Potassium 50mg.

For a stroke or paralysis I give orally 1ml 4 times a day on day 1. Then
1ml twice a day on day 2 and then 1ml once a day for the next 3 days.

I think any good calcium citrate with vitamin d liquid will work or if
you only have calcium tablets with vitamin D use them.

I learned this from Peter Gurney. I am not a vet.

Cheers,

Ann and the Rescued Piggys of Piggyville, Tampa Florida USA.