[Gpdd] MISC: Clover's trip to the vet and a failed adoption

Sandra Oliver-Poore warmbreath at comcast.net
Thu Aug 28 23:19:33 EDT 2014

Dear Anneli    I sure hope Clovers leg problem is a simple infection and not
sarcoma, although it bothers me that the vet can't tell the difference.  I
think you made the right decision to return the new pig as Clover most
likely doesn't feel up to being social and because a new pig can sense a
weakness in another pig, and even though female, struggle to become
dominant. Loss of dominance,  even in a formerly single pig who had her own
type of dominance, can be very detrimental to the happiness and therefore
health of a piggie.  It's a real conundrum. Being next to Rocky means she's
not entirely single so that's a plus. Besides, the adopted pig had a social
relationship with her child so hopefully that has been restored. Usually
these types of piggies are marked for adoption with their partner only.
Please don't consider the adoption failed. You tried to do what you thought
was best, but in the end it's the piggies that decide. I wish you and
Clover, and Rocky, all health and happiness.
Fie on the vet for suggesting that no meds should be given unless it's his
preferred. We general prefer, and Ann recommends another prescription NSAID
that slips my mind just now.
 Sandy and the mythical AR, forever having tea.

---