[Gpdd] HEALTH - Merrie Rufus and Raphael

Rachel Koo koo.rachel at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 09:46:23 EST 2014

Hello Penny!

I am glad I brought Raphael home too. I was concerned when I first saw him
and his wet and crusty nose. You know how everyone advises not to bring
home sick piggies.  But then I figured he might have a better chance of
survival with me than if he stayed in the shop.

Merrie's right nostril has been drippy and sneezy ever since he had a uri
when he was only six months old. It took a long time to get rid of that
uri. But since then he has been prone to dripping n sometimes sneezing. I
used to administer saline drops every morning. And he would sneeze and then
things would be ok for the day minimal dripping.  But in the past year that
hasn't really worked. And then he got pneumonia and I suspect that was his
problem nose or sinuses becoming infected and the infection traveling
downwards.

Now I pat some homeopathic sinus support stuff on him too. It's supposed to
help with infections as well as polyps, if any. I didn't notice any great
improvement though.  So I started trying nebulising with colloidal silver.
Then nebulising with sea salt water. And manuka honey drops in the nose. I
tried making him inhale eucalyptus oil vapours but he hates it and I don't
know if it's the eucalyptus but his left eye started squinting and watering
and there wasn't that much improvement to his nose either. So I stopped.

Since I last posted, I have embarked on a new remedy. Sterimar sea salt
nasal spray for infants. It hasn't cured the crusty nose. But it seems to
help. So I am going to go with it a few more days and see if it really does
help get this problem under control. If not, then it's on to menthol
crystals.

Rachel