[Gpdd] Health..fatty cyst

tmwood1 at nycap.rr.com tmwood1 at nycap.rr.com
Sat Dec 6 10:48:26 EST 2014

When my guinea pig was one, he had a fatty cyst.  It kept growing and eventually
began to bother him.  I have a vet that has treated guinea pigs for over 20
years so he was very experienced.  He was able to remove the cyst without any
problems.

Although when a needle biopsy was done prior to removing the cyst it showed no
cancer, once biopsied after it was removed, it tested cancerous in the middle of
the cyst.  So glad we had it removed.

My guinea pig has more cysts, but none of them got large enough to bother him so
we aren't removing them just yet.  Just keeping an eye on them.

Good luck!

~Tina