[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE: 'LIFE' in the Johnson precious boys

juliejohnson12 at bigpond.com juliejohnson12 at bigpond.com
Tue Feb 4 06:43:45 EST 2014

Dear all my friends,

 I have 3 items to cover in this email.

1.  Sooty's eye/sinus infection has cleared up so he's back to normal.

2.  I managed to fix Kimba again.  He had stopped pooing totally.   The vet advised when she felt his tummy, she could feel lots of backed up poos, so I used paraffin oil on his favourite grass.   I also gave him natural dandelions.   It took about 2 days, and finally the drought broke.     He was back to normal a week ago; yet yesterday he was constipated again.   So on goes the dandelion therapy.   He is now fixed again.

3.  I AWOKE ON 1ST February, AND FOUND HUGO DEAD IN HIS BED.   It LOOKED LIKE HE DIED PEACEFULLY BECAUSE HE WAS LYING COMFORTABLY IN HIS TENT.  I PAD THE TENTS WITH OLD TOWEL FOR THEIR COMFORT.   I HAD A TOTALLY SLEEPLESS NIGHT ON Friday/Saturday, SO AT 2AM I CHECKED ON Sooty, changed his pooey bed, snuck a look at the other 3 piggies, and Hugo was still alive and heading to his seed bowl at 2 am.     When I found Hugo he was cold and not stiff, so I imagine he died very soon after 2am because he did not go into rigor, so I assumed he'd been through that already.

I am a basket case.   Hugo was the "rock" and the personality of my 4 remaining boys.   He was a real "man" amongst piggies.    He did everything right, ate his Oxbow pellets, ate his timothy hay, ate his mixed food, ate his veges, drank his water, took his vitamin C syringe every day like a man.

I had noticed he was breathing deeply for a couple of weeks.   But because he's never been sick, I didn't fully keep a close watch on him because I was caring for Kimba, Sooty, and Treacle for his scurvy/paralysis.

Hugo was the strong one.   But I remember a week before his passing, saying to my mum that Hugo didn't seem his normal self, he was a bit more subdued than normal.

He was 5 years of age.   I would guess he did of cancer.    He'd had 2 lumps removed some 18 months ago and one was just a piece of grass or grain which became embedded and filled the lump with pus; the other lump the vet called "very nasty".

I'm now down to 3 boys, yet Kimba is not totally well, but he is not  5 1/2 years old; Treacle is 5 years old; and Sooty is also 5 years old.     I'm terrified to go asleep in case one of them leaves me overnight.   Really, I'm a total wreck.      I'm paranoid and keep watching them most of my day to ensure their well being and ensure they are happy running around during the day.

I miss Hugo more than I can describe.   Their room is so quiet without Hugo & his personality.  He was my very darling boy.

Julie, Kimba, Sooty & Treacle.