[Gpdd] Re GPDD (Food) (herbs Rosemary and Geranium)

guineamom88 at yahoo.com guineamom88 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 9 08:31:08 EST 2014

Hi Everyone and Everypig,

Well, I haven't checked online yet but was wondering if anyone knows about feeding geranium leaves to piggies.  In our garden, there is a plant that smells and looks like geranium, but no flowers. I don't see a picture of it in the cavy book that Vedra wrote, of which I keep on hand. Also there is nothing about
rosemary, either, but it's one of the ingredients in the Oxbow organic cavy pellets, we have that growing, too, around the garden.  After a lot of rain I picked some - just a little bit- and put it with the pigs lettuce of course washing it off first. Some of them did not eat it. As for geranium, since I am still not sure if it is citronella or geranium, i only let them sniff it and no eating.
It would be fabulous if someone on here knows about geraniums, I know humans can eat the flowers but I get it mixed up with nasturtiums, I don't know how to spell this, i think you can eat the flowers in salad but i will not give to piggies till I know for sure. Anyone know?
My mom had a huge garden with all kinds of herbs and vegies with these both growing in it.

Thank you,
Ellen and precious piggies

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android