[Gpdd] Floods in England

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 06:01:11 EST 2014

I sincerely hope that all of our UK members live far from the dreadful
floods that are engulfing our country.

I keep watching the Environment Agency's website to check on my pigsitter
son's house as he lives near the Thames, which is beginning to flood all
along its considerable length.  There are not enough sandbags in the whole
island to protect all of that.

There are flood warnings for the next village to ours but I believe that we
are far enough away from their river to be safe.

Paws crossed that this rain will come to and end soon. I don't want to have
to move all of the Piggyfriends upstairs. I keep seeing news footage of
people's cats and dogs being evacuated by boat.  A herd of piggies would be
a lot harder

I looked at the website to check on the Surrey Squeakers and you seem to be
OK so far, Stefanie.

Maybe it is time to build an ark.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.