[Gpdd] [Rescue] Two Guinea Pigs in Florida Need a New Home -- One is Special Needs

scalabro3 at cfl.rr.com scalabro3 at cfl.rr.com
Sun Feb 16 12:13:32 EST 2014

Greetings!  I received an email from my friend in Orlando FL who runs a dog rescue that occasionally rescues guinea pigs. Unfortunately, all of her pens are full right now, and she received the request below:

“…I have 2 guinea pigs, one is healthy and happy and her name is Oreo and the other one name is Carmelita, Carmelita got sick and I took her to the hospital, the doctor told me that she had low blood sugar and that most likely she was not going to make it, but she survived, the sad news is that she is now paralyzed from the waist down, and she can barely move her front legs, she have a good appetite but she needs some additional tests to find out and I’m unable financially to assist her, does your organization have any sort of volunteer vets? With much regret I would have to give my 2 guinea pigs for adoption because I have to hand feed Carmelita every day and its being very challenging for me since I have 2 kids and I also take care of my mother, please contact me with suggestions…”

Please let me know if you know anyone who can help. I wish I could, but after losing Reese last month and my 17-year-old iguana last week, I’m not financially or emotionally ready to take this on. If you know of someone who can help, please contact me, and I will put you in touch with my friend in Orlando. Thank you for reading this and considering helping!

Best wishes to all,

ME in New Smyrna Beach