[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Edgeworth's Tooth Issue

Jocelyn Anderson jocelynm at umich.edu
Wed Feb 19 14:33:15 EST 2014

Hello All,

My elder piggy Edgeworth has been having some teeth issues over the past
few months. His jaw has become misaligned and front teeth - sometimes it's
one of the bottom teeth, sometimes it's the top - are overgrowing. I have
had him to vet the several times over the past few months to get his teeth
trimmed and after the last visit, it sounds like he will need to continue
to have them trimmed every 4 weeks. The good news is that it's not his
molars (whew.) He's been eating his hay, pellets, and veggies okay, too.

A vet that is closer to home (and therefore less of a trip for Edgeworth)
has trimmed his teeth twice, both times putting him under for the trim. Is
this dangerous? Edgeworth is pushing 8 years and this makes me a little
uneasy. The longer trip to a different vet has a highly regarded tooth
doctor who mentioned that I could trim the teeth myself with a bullet
shaped dremel tool.Has anyone tried this? Also, both vets are not clippers
to trim his teeth.

Any advice would be great!

Jocelyn, Edgeworth, Gruden von Squeakycheeks, and Apollo