[Gpdd] HEALTH: Eddie has bladder stones

bunny rabbit calliope996 at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 10 17:52:22 EST 2014

Unbelievably, my little Eddie, who is only fourteen months old, has
bladder stones.  I just took him to the vet today, hoping he might just
have a minor case of gas, so this is a shock.

My vet recommends surgery Monday.  He did wonderful surgery on my stone
pig Sunshine several years ago, but just a week later Sunshine had
another stoneand a month later he had about five more.  This was despite
our using Polycitra, said to work against stones, and changing his diet.
Now, both Ethan and Eddie do get the reverse-osmosis water, and I don't
think Eddie has ever had anything else. They've never had kale or spinach.

I am afraid to postpone surgery to see if Eddie develops more stones,
because of course one could become caught in his urethraduring that
time, and so on. I haven't seen any blood in his urine, but he makes
small noises while "going," and this afternoon he looked humped up,
which immediately inspired me to make the vet appointment. He just
didn't look happy.

It just seemed that Sunshine was going to continue making stones, and I
am so worried that this might happen with Eddie.

Any advice appreciated very much.

Cindy, Ethan, and Eddie