[Gpdd] Health: Lily losing weight

Mieke Staaks pandameisje at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 14:26:37 EST 2014

Hi all,

Still reading the digest but not actively posting here anymore...
Just wanted to let you know if you still want to order an undercover Guinea
pigs calendar, you can do so until the end of this month. In the meantime
we are still taking nominations for a shelter to donate our proceeds to!
Http://undercoverguineapigs.blogspot.com under tab order calendar, for more
info...

So to the point. Lily now 3 years old, is loosing weight. She is now 820
grames... She is active, has a healthy appetite and eats up everything you
give her. She does however shed quite some hair but has recently been
treated extensively for both mites and fungus.
The vet has no real idea what else could be wrong. She will take some blood
if we consent, but says it is quite hard to take blood from a guinea pig. I
thought it was not that hard and that you should just cut a bit too much of
one of their nails?
So if anyone has any ideas as to what could be wrong with her or how to
take blood easily and safely, i would love to hear!

Thanks,
Mieke

I hope you have some valuable input, hopefully penny and ann have ideas?
Lily is way too young to loose weight of old age already and i don't want
to loose her yet.