[Gpdd] [MISC] This and that

Ann Evans ann.evans at hintlink.com
Mon Jan 20 12:21:22 EST 2014

Dear Lynn,
I am so happy to hear that Eve no longer has pain when she poops.  Your
story about Callie and Eve's hay set up was very entertaining. Such
lucky piggys to have so much choice. You have nothing to worry about.
They are getting plenty of hay. Piggy are creatures of habit and they
follow the leader. It appears that they prefer to eat their hay when it
is in a pile at the end of their pen. I have two water bottles in a pen
with 5 girls. They all drink out of the water bottle that the alpha
piggy drinks from. They only use the other water bottle when they don't
feel like walking to the other end of the pen. They do the same thing
with their food bowls. They all eat out of the food bowl that the alpha
female eats out of. I even did an experiment where I gave them a 2
compartment food bowl. Again, all 5 of them try to eat out of the right
compartment at the same time even though the left compartment has the
same food it it. It is only when there is no food left in one
compartment that they will start to eat out of the next compartment.
Everyone gets plenty of food to eat.

I hope you are getting stronger everyday.
I volunteer as a consulting rodentologist to Drs. Danielson and Saleh
D.V.M. of Ehrlich Animal Hospital Tampa, Florida.

Cheers,

Ann and the Rescued Piggys of Piggyville, Tampa Florida USA