[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT: Condolences for Sammy

Sandra Oliver-Poore warmbreath at comcast.net
Sat Jul 5 04:16:31 EDT 2014

Thank you, Glynis,  I loved the run down memory lane.  I am quite sure your
lovely Velvet and Onyx and their huspigs Beans and Friday were there at the
bridge to greet Sammy. Surely, Sully and Duke were there as well,  although
I don't think Sammy met them until he got to the bridge. It was right around
the time of the pignik on the Washington shore to celebrate the laying of
the last poo coast to coast that our piggies came to meet up but I think
that was the time of Manny the Boar. He was a rescue so infested with mites
I thought he would not heal, but he did. Then there was the great rainbow
balloon trip to memorialize Sully, was it? Sammy came along as Manny's
companion at some point. They got along well when Sammy was a baby; but then
Sammy grew up and became the dominant boar; Manny was not happy with that.
Manny lived on to become a pirate and Sammy was his cabin boy or had some
menial job. After Manny passed, Sammy became a boson's mate and slowly
climbed the pirate ladder. After Captain Jack and Barnacle Bill moved house
after our dear Alge's' passing, The Black Pearl was moored near the home of
Barnacle Bill's new parent slave, our Jenni. After much time passed, Sammy
put together a crew and hijacked the Black Pearl, as they couldn't find
Capt'n Jack or BB to ask permission. Sammy was still shy and never destined
to be a pirate king, so the voyage he helped arrange was run by a coalition
of talented piggies who used the Black Pearl more as a pleasure cruiser
although they still had their share of adventures. The last of their voyages
went from Florida, traced the great pirate locations in the Caribbean,
Central and South America and then across the seas to Oz via the Galapagos
Islands. First, they landed in in the great capitol when they were blown off
course, and a real pirate adventure ensued that involved a plot to blow up
the great Australian Aquarium. Of course, our piggie pirates and secret
agents again were victorious. Once all that was sorted they decided to
vacation on Lizard Island on their way to Melbourne and Queensland to fetch
the chest left to Velvet by her beloved huspig Bean, the weapons master,
gone to the bridge.  Along the way, they were attacked by giant red devil
squids whose florescence was picked up by Phil the Beta Fish and relayed to
the secret agent pigs on guard duty during the memorial to all piggies gone
to the bridge. The secret agents, deployed in zodiacs, were able to
intercept and defeat the vicious squids as they rose from the depths in huge
numbers. With unpleasantness over, they sailed on to Melbourne, retrieved
the precious chest for Velvet, and enjoyed a pronged visit with Julie and
her lot including the chooks who gave the piggie crew quite a time. They
played soccer, chooks versus piggies, and it was no contest as the chooks
were proficient already in rolling their eggs about. They sailed the various
reefs and islands along the Great Barrier Reef, stopping to pass out
leaflets and teach conservation about this most endangered and beautiful
place in the world, before heading to Cairns where the contents of Bean's
chest was put up for auction. The fine quality of his work brought spirited
bidding and high prices for each item, so much that Velvet was well settled
and there was enough left to make a handsome donation in both their names to
a favored rescue. During this some of the piggies had visited home two or
three times via PigAir balloons to take care of their parent slaves but in
the end they gathered again for a sail to Peru via Easter Island and then
home once again thru a the Panama canal and berthing the Black Pearl for the
last time.
Thank you for the lovely trip down memory lane.  If I got some of the story
wrong let me know. Thank you so very much.
Sandy and AR, still sipping tea (he was on those last voyages as well.)

---