[Gpdd] Misc.: Abby update

ROYCE cotton_cowboys at msn.com
Mon Jul 7 16:37:12 EDT 2014

It was just a month and a day ago that I lost Chipper and gained Abby. Because I just went through the heartache myself so recently, I have been so conscious of all of us who have lost little friends in the last month. My heart goes out to all of you. I suppose it really means that the Digest has lots of subscribers, and that's a great thing, but it is very hard to be thinking of so many loving people losing their little best friends. My condolences to all of you.

That being said, Abby is a joy and has really blossomed in the past four weeks, from her very shy self, only coming out of her house at night when no one was around, to an energetic sweetheart whose life revolves around me now. She loves to snuggle but has lots of energy in the pen, too.

Food is still a mystery to me. She loves pellets, hay and carrots. After the first week with no luck, grass is now her very favorite thing. And I'm lucky she loves her Vitamin C tablets. They are the first thing she eats in the morning. However, it is a big 'No' to everything else. I took everyone's advice and showed her what is yummy by eating it and praising her, but she just doesn't like anything else yet. She will take a little bite of different lettuces, but then drops them out of her mouth and won't eat any more.

My hope is that when winter comes, and no grass is available, lettuce, parsley, peppers, etc. will be more tempting. I'm not offering fruit except bananas, which she won't even get near, because I'm not wanting to encourage a big sweet tooth until the good veggies are accepted.

Anyway, life has gone on, we are doing fine, and it is a very happy house again. By the way, Abby is starting to do a lot of 'chippering' when I'm around so that brings back many happy memories of Chipper.

Carla & Abby