[Gpdd] MISC: Callie and Eve

Lynn Williams mlwilliams at clear.net
Sat Jun 7 22:00:00 EDT 2014

Hello GP family and friends,

I just wanted to take a quick moment and update you on my furbabies.  As you
may recall, I was having a problem getting Callie to eat her Vitamin C.
Just all of a asudden, she started refusing it.  So, following advice from
Ann, I purchased some liquid Vit C from the web.  That was a huge mistake!
I tried to give it to  her on the first day and she became a little ball of
angry fur.  She was pushing it away from her face and then biting my fingers
and squirming all over the place.  I decided to taste it to see what she was
so upset about.  IF she could have made a squished up "Ick!" face, she would
have.  It was very bitter.  I couldn't bear to make her swallow this stuff.
So, giving it some more thought, I remembered that I had bought 2 bottles of
the chewables of Vit C at the same time.  So, figuring there was nothing to
lose, I dumped the old bottle and opened the new bottle.  Worked like a
dream... I suppose it was too old for her highness.  LOL  Eve eats it no
matter what. She loves it and munches it right up.  Now Callie is once again
taking her chewables so if anyone on here wants a spare bottle of liquid Vit
C, feel free to send me your address.  IT was a buy one, get 2 free offer
and I won't be using it.  Sigh.

Both girls are doing well.  Callie has been what I think is hormonal lately.
She has been rumbling and chasing poor Eve all over the cage and starting
fights with her.  So, one day, I put up a grid barrier in the center of the
cage to give Eve some peace.  Callie kept going over to it and grabbing it
with her teeth and shaking it like a dog.  She finally managed to dislodge
it while I wasn't in there and tilt it enough to where she could crawl under
it.  When I went in the room, there the 2 of them sat, side by side,
perfectly content.  So, I took the barrier out and things have been calmer
since then.  :)  Silly piggies!

Closing for now.  I will be going in the hospital on Wednesday to have a
difibrilator/pacemaker put in.  They are also installing additional wires to
try to get my heart to beat in ssync.  Right now, it is out of sync between
the 2 halves.  I should get out the following day and they tell me there is
a 70% chance I will feel better after this procedure. I sure hope so!  Love
to all of you and I will see you again soon.

Love, hugs and whisker kisses,
Lynn, Callie and Eve with Sammy and Tabby at the bridge and in our hearts
and memories.