[Gpdd] HEALTH Re:Kimba

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 04:13:04 EDT 2014

Dear Julie,

What a joy it must have been to see Kimba enjoying the grass that you had
picked whilst waiting at the vets. Thank you for the update.

My Rodentologists have clients who come to see them from all over the
country. When you find a good vet / rodentologist, it is worth all that
driving to get the best treatment for your piggy. Luckily, I only have a 1
1/2 hour round trip to see mine.

It takes a lot of eating to put the weight back on and it will take some
time. I remember my dear Jasmine, who had dropped to 630g due to dental
problems. She had been to the vet 3 times to no effect ( this was in the
bad old days when anaesthesia was always used for dental work ) and then a
new vet joined the practice. He did her teeth and, as soon as she got home,
she started on a  pile of grass and didn't stop until every piece had gone.
I was in tears of joy. I couldn't believe the difference. She eventually
put on all the lost weight and lived a long life so miracles do happen.

We will keep Kimba in our thoughts and you too, of course.

Keep up the good eating, Kimba, and take your medicine. It might taste
nasty ( Baytril is very bitter ) but it is doing you good. We use
paediatric Septrin as the antibiotic of choice here. Piggies love it and it
is banana flavoured.

Best wishes from Penny and the Piggyfriends.