[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge: Chipper

julie juliejohnson12 at bigpond.com
Fri Jun 13 07:32:43 EDT 2014

Dear Carla

I am deeply saddened to read of Chipper's passing.   I can honestly say I
know what you are going through.     To battle, fight, research, try, love,
cuddle your baby, and not to have success is deeply saddening and
depressing.   You'll be saying maybe I should have or could have done more.
We can only do our utmost, pray, and keep up the fight until our little ones
say to us they've had enough and it's time that they leave for beautiful
green pastures across the rainbow bridge.

It is such an injustice that guinea pigs are not taken as "real" pets and
that vets don't study them enough, or understand their needs, see how they
all have personalities +, are loving, cuddly, know their slaves, love their
slaves as much as the slaves love them, and are such a great comfort in our
lives.   I compare my piggies with a dog, they just have shorter legs but
their shortness makes for a perfect cuddle and snuggle into the crook of our
necks.  The only difference between the two is size, to me anyway.

I am pleased you have got a new little girl, and welcome her to this group
and to your loving care.          I myself have lost too many piggies and my
heart is about 1/100th of the size it used to be, and I know when I lose my
remaining 3 babies, I cannot get another because I cannot stand the pain
associated with losing them.      Of course, if all vets were as
knowledgeable as the expert I found, that would be a different matter.
Until then, when my boys go, I'll be a very lonely lady but I have thousands
of photos to remember them by.   I still cry over the loss of every piggy,
right back to my first boy Muppet who died in 2002.   I have learnt so much
about them and have now some great experience, but I keep relating that back
to my earlier boys, if only I'd done this, got a 2nd opinion, realised how
dangerous anaesthetics can be to them.  How if one comes so attached to me,
as well as any of their other furry mates and their mate passes, by giving
extra love and snuggles they can still survive, but that personal human
contact is all important with our babies.

Good luck to you both, I hope you have very many happy years together.

Love from

Julie, Kimba, Sooty & Treacle

"When one is born, there is no longer anywhere to hide".