[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE- Tex

Sandra Oliver-Poore warmbreath at comcast.net
Fri Jun 27 22:41:23 EDT 2014

Dear Mark. I am so sorry that Tex has gone off to the Rainbow Bridge; we
dearly adored him and your stories about him. I didn't know that Tex was a
Texel but it sure make sense. One of my most favorite pigs was a Texel named
Wild Wooly Willy; he had white curly hair with some black and a great big
black eye patch. He was a funny pig with endless popcorns, and he won
leadership of all the boars when I naively thought he and the then alpha,
Shelley, were getting along well enough to be left alone together. That was
in my early days and a hard lesson to learn. It was a minor wound but it
festered so I learned two hard lessons. However, he was such a bright spirit
that it was easy to forgive give and just love him so much. After that, he
became one of four boars who literally ran my household by right of Kings.
They were all so funny and played endlessly to everyone's delight including
all the other piggies.

I am so glad Tex came to you for the happiest of his years, and that
entertained everyone with his newfound happiness. I experienced that same
sudden realization of happiness with rescue pigs and even ones who came from
the store in the early years before I learned that the best place to acquire
new piggies was from a rescue. That joy of the moment when they learn there
is a better life and it's all theirs for as long as they can wrap their paws
around and hold onto it. 6 1/2 years is a long life for a piggy who lived
such a bleak first life. I think you and your family and Coders are just
brilliant for giving him that break into a new happy life. Bless you, Mark,
to me that's heroic as are all our members who rescued piggies into their
homes or who have run rescues and rehomed piggies. You are all my heroes.
I am so sorry Tex is gone, and I know life will be different without him,
but thank you so much! I will add another RIP Dear Tex, see you at the
bridge!
Sandy, Sammy, and AR

.

---