[Gpdd] [RAINBOW BRIDGE] Edgeworth

Jocelyn Anderson jocelynm at umich.edu
Fri May 2 08:10:09 EDT 2014

I lost my peegy Edgeworth recently. He passed away at the emergency vet due
to pneumonia at 4 am on April 30th. He was eight years old.

Edgeworth was a very cheeky pig. He would chatter his teeth at you if
dinner service was late. I liked to think he had high standards that he
expected to be met. A royal pig.

Most of my piggies are scared to go to the vet. Not Edgeworth. When getting
his nails clipped, he once bit down on the vet tech's webbing between his
thumb and index finger. Luckily it wasn't a deep bite but the vet was
startled! The vet kept on clipping and Edgeworth's mouth stayed open, he
looked completely outraged. It was so funny to watch (but I am glad I was
not the vet!)

When being taken to the vet in a carrier with mesh see-through sides, he
once mooshed his face up against the side of the carrier and stared at me.
I could he was so angry but it was funny at the same time.

A couple of months ago, another time at the vet, Edgeworth was in his
carrier in the waiting room. Of course he's being grumpy as he does not
like vet visits. A dog came in and was weighted in at 75 lbs. Edgeworth was
then called, so I picked up the carrier and we went by the dog. The front
of the carrier was facing the dog, and when we went by, the dog reached out
to take a look and then backed away quickly. The dog could tell Edgeworth
was quite displeased and wanted no part of it!

Edgeworth also had a sophisticated palette. I once gave him a new treat
that was on the pricier side but that I thought he might like. After
placing the treat in his food bowl, Edgeworth waddled over to it, picked it
up, and threw it out of the food bowl. I tried again a week later, putting
another treat in his bowl. This time, he picked it up, waddled over to the
side of the cage and tried to force it out through the bars. I got the
point this time.

He was quite the loafer, pancaking out in his hay, his pigloo, or wherever
he felt comfortable.

I am very sad to lose Edgeworth but happy to have enjoyed his cheeky peegy
company for so long.

Jocelyn, Gruden von Squeakycheeks, and Apollo