[Gpdd] Misc: Foster pigs

dogcatpiggymom at yahoo.com dogcatpiggymom at yahoo.com
Wed May 7 20:07:28 EDT 2014

Hi Friends,

I wanted to share with you, a little story that only my GPDD friends would
understand.
I now have 2 male foster piggies.

Last night, luckily, a shelter worker was driving by our (local) shelter (it's

located off a back road) and saw a cage at the gate.  Inside a filthy cage
was lettuce, water and two guinea pigs.  We're not used to having this
happen and it was upsetting to see that someone had dumped them.
Where the shelter is located, these precious souls would definitely have
been raccoon, fox, or coyote food before morning when the shelter workers
came in to work.

So, since our shelter is only a dog and cat shelter (we are small and don't
even have one extra room) no one knew what to do.  The shelter worker took
the pigs home but didn't have anything for them and couldn't keep them.
So,
I took them home and they are adorable!  They are young males...just beautiful
and so sweet.  They are not skittish at all which tells me that they had been
loved...except that their nails are crazy long!  I will cut them tonight since
I just settled them in.

I think a child had these guinea pigs and when he or she no longer wanted
to clean the cage, out they went!
I LOVE them already!  Such sweethearts and I'm just sad to think that their
lives were in danger.

I hope to adopt them to a good home.  If you want to see them, let me know
and I will email you pix after I take some good ones.
Just a few weeks ago, I took in 3 pigs when the children lost interest.  They
were 2 years old and I found a rescue to take them.

So,
I want to thank all of you, my friends, who love these special little ones
and value their lives.

Thanks for listening, too!
Joanne who loves Baci, Sweetie, Sassy, Ellie
and is so grateful for wonderful, piggy-loving friends like you!