[Gpdd] HEALTH - pig has pnuemonia

Rachel Koo koo.rachel at gmail.com
Sat May 10 01:19:37 EDT 2014

Hello Penny and everyone else

The vet said that an X ray usually lags behind clinical sign improvements
so we should wait another 2 weeks before taking an X ray.  But she said
that Merrie sounded more normal now on the stethoscope and she was sure his
condition has improved.

She gave me more bactrim and advised that Merrie take it for another week.
I think that will bring us to 18 days on bactrim.  As I have run out of
rimadyl,  I will continue merrie on 0.4 ml of children's ibuprofen as
advised by Ann earlier before my mails started bouncing back.

Vet also advised that given merrie's improvement I could reduce nebulising
to twice a day.

I am so relieved.  Thanks Penny for all your advice!

Rachel