[Gpdd] HEALTH: Kimba and thrush

Sandra Oliver-Poore warmbreath at comcast.net
Mon May 19 02:53:53 EDT 2014

I think that Joanie's idea that Kimba may have thrush now is a very good
possibility. The symptoms fit and it is very common when antibiotics are
given. That means treatment with the Daktarin oral jell. That's the brand
name for miconazole, a common anti-fungal. This jell is meant for mouth
applications especially in babies.  I don't know if it bought over the
counter or if its prescription in OZ, here it's cheap and over the counter.
Here's an article from a UK source
http://www.patient.co.uk/medicine/Miconazole-(oral).htm.

Here I buy it over the counter in spray form for my feet. The jell is better
swabbed in the mouth in the jell form.  It may not be the entire problem but
the thrush does cause pain and lack of appetite, and since his front teeth
are almost grown back it could get him eating if eating on his own is
possible! This treatment can help you decide if he can go on.

Much love,  Sandy

---