[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge: Nutmeg

Sandra Oliver-Poore warmbreath at comcast.net
Mon May 19 04:04:08 EDT 2014

Dear Anneli, I do remember that story when Nutmeg ran away, I laughed until
the tears ran, but not because of your no doubt terror she would be lost and
in jeopardy at night. I laughed at the sheer will of Nutmeg and now I can
barely believe that eight years have passed. Eight beautiful years for
Nutmeg running her life from beginning to end, loving and living with you
and her companions. I am so sorry she has gone to the bridge and sorry too
of the Nutmeg sized hole in your heart she first ran through and then
stayed. We do our very best to raise our little masters and mistresses to be
strong, healthy, and have wonderful lives; the trouble is the more
successful we are the harder it is when they go. I don't mean to say that we
aren't totally devastated when a younger pig leaves us; I mean eight years
is a significant chunk of our lives and so a huge chunk to share with a
beloved family member and the loss is accordingly huge.

I had a lady pig with those symptoms, I think now it is that it was hormone
imbalance caused by uterine tumors or some such, but I had no clue at all
when she had it. She had that thirst. I take every chance to visit her
grave, and hers is the only one I can visit now because of several house
moves. Thirteen little graves are sad but still a monument to the lives you
enriched and shared, and you are fortunate to have them all together. I am
glad that Clover was with her and stood by her until you came. Piggies and
other animals have more of an emotional life than many would suppose and I
am always deeply grieved when a piggie had to go to the vet and didn't come
home. As much as possible I tried to make sure that cage mates had an
opportunity to say goodbye as soon as possible or even as a piggy was going.
I have seen their reactions and I'm convinced there is feeling and
understanding to it from their reactions. So try to be glad for Clover, she
did her duty and she knows Nutmeg won't be coming back.
My deepest condolences to you and Clover and the two boys, and my salute to
Nutmeg forever known as "The Runner". Farewell grand lady!
Sandy, Shipwreck Sam, and AR

.

---