[Gpdd] HEALTH - Merrie and pneumonia

Rachel Koo koo.rachel at gmail.com
Fri May 23 23:51:04 EDT 2014

We had our vet review just now.

The clinical signs were very good. The vet said she had never heard him
sound better.

The x rays also showed significant improvement over the ones taken 3 weeks
ago, when the lungs were almost totally congested.

But based on today's x rays, his lungs are not fully recovered yet. Some 20
percent still showed up white on the x ray. I gather that could be because
(1) he is not fully recovered or (2) the x rays lag behind the clinical
signs or (3) he has sustained some lung damage as he could have had a long
running infection.

The vet said that as his clinical signs are good, we can stay medicine free
for now. But continue to nebulise him.

Merrie seems pretty chirpy today.

I will just continue to nebulise him, with saline from now onwards.  And
stuff him up with vitamin c. And keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks everyone for all the support and advice. Merrie and I appreciate
your kind wishes and help. Thank you!!

Rachel