[Gpdd] HEALTH: problems with Chipper's teeth

bunny rabbit calliope996 at earthlink.net
Sat May 31 14:37:49 EDT 2014

Carla and Chipper, I am no vet, but it is indeed concerning that Chipper
is not eating three days after his surgery for tooth problems.  It's
good that he doesn't mind the food syringe and is tugging on it, but you
are right that he needs also to eat some on his own.  In the past, I
have cut up carrots, bell peppers, cucumbers, etc. into long strips and
held them as my Tumbleweed (RIP) ate them.  I would even fold romaine or
green-leaf lettuce into the smallest strips I could for him.  Perhaps
this might help Chipper begin to eat on his own (though I would continue
to supplement with the syringe feedings).

Could it also be that Chipper might be in pain?  Does he have pain meds,
or could the vet give him a pain shot?

Again, although I'm not an expert, it worries me that your vet thinks
that waiting until Monday will be fine.  I don't want to worry you, but
piggies need to eat pretty much all the time to prevent such problems as
gut stasis.

Others will know more, I am sure.  On a happy note, Tumbleweed recovered
from his dental surgery and was with us two more years.  I hope the
same, and more, for Chipper.

Our best wishes to you and to Chipper.  Healing wheeks and all good
wishes coming his way.

Cindy, Ethan, and Eddie