[Gpdd] Health: Daisy had a bladder stone part 2

Mieke Staaks pandameisje at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 15:17:15 EDT 2014

So after we took her home we force fed her some science recovery and she
seemed to be doing pretty well.
Our vet was saying we had a really strong piggie, as she thought earlier
that day that she would not make it.
I forgot to mention they also removed a polyp from her bladder.

On saturday, we kept a hawk's eye on her most of the day and she ate some
chicory, drank a little and nibbled some hay. Of course we kept up with the
force feeding and medicine, and she started to object
quite voilently. Which of course did not make it easier for us, but I was
glad she was this feisty as it meant she was feeling better.

Today, sunday, she is still hanging in there, but she seems a bit less than
the day before... It does get faster to hand feed her though but she does
not want to eat by herself. Though I do think she ate a little parsley on
her own. As we put in quite some food the day before, but did not see her
dump any of it on the back side, I tried to separate her from the rest. I
put up some C&C grids, gave her hay and drinking bottle and pellets, put
her in to see if she did poop. Within 5 minutes however she escaped, and to
my surprise she left at least one poop. I felt like she was saying. "Hey
mom, I did a poop, i'll let myself out now, okay?'
A bit later that day she seemed a bit more perky and that was when I think
she ate the parsley. Also hand feeding her went a lot smoother. I did
notice her tummy seems really swollen, also when she walks she sound like
something inside is really sloshing... Anyone have a clue what is happening
there?

We are keeping up the force feeding, she had less at this time of day, then
she had yesterday. She has antibiotics (novadox: which is doxycycline),
Carprofen as painkiller (this is rymadil I think) and cysaral for getting
her gut to keep moving (it is cisapride). Today I also syringed her some
water inbetween the force feeding, and some oil in case she was so swollen
because of gas.

Right now she seems okay-ish, and I really hope she gets through another
night, so we can talk and maybe take her to the vet again tomorrow.

I'll keep you posted and hope you will keep your fingers and paws crossed
for her. She fought so hard to stay around, so she really deserves to get
better soon!

On a happier note: Berke turned 3 yesterday, and he plus the others were
happy to see Daisy back. They are sweet to her, and keep her company some
times.

Hugs to all your Piggies,
Mieke of the Guinygirlz: Woopy, Daisy, Roos and Berke
--
"Dance, even if you have nowhere to do it but your living room"
Mary Schmich, 1997