[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge: Penny

susananddave at verizon.net susananddave at verizon.net
Sun Oct 5 18:48:13 EDT 2014

Dearest Lynn
My heart goes out to you for your loss of Penny. Please know you did all you could and I'm sure with you she had the best possible life. I am writing this with tears in my eyes because I can so identify with your grief. On 8/11/14 we had to help our little girl, Lily to the rainbow bridge. Lily was a black lab/hound mix. We adopted her 4 years ago at age 8 from our county animal shelter, which is a kill shelter. Lily had been dumped. She was full of sores, had lost most of her hair, and was skin and bones. After we got her she had to undergo a radical chain mastectomy and spaying. She obviously had been pregnant some time in her past. In addition to a heart murmur, she was also diagnosed with Cushing's Disease.  Just as you said of Penny, she was the sweetest girl-you just couldn't do enough for her.  We are having a horrible time getting over our loss. A few months before Lily's passing we lost our beloved little guinea pig, Peanut. Posters at gpdd were so kind to share comforting words with me.  We got another little boy, Rafael from a rescue and he has brought so much joy in our lives. We call him Rafe (pronounced Raf ee).

Rafe and I send you loving thoughts and hope the sharpness of your sadness starts to soften........

susan...Rafe's mom