[Gpdd] MISC Question about Medicine.

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 15:07:17 EDT 2014

Jean,

I agree with Pat. This medicine seems to have many names. Here we call it
Septrin but when our Ann kindly posted me a couple of bottles to share with
my Rodentologists, the names Sulfamethoxazole and Trimethoprim were on the
bottle. Looking it up on a UK website, it is the same thing.

We always use 1ml. twice daily of this antibiotic, which, because it is
prepared for children, is flavoured with something palatable, usually
banana.

Are you sure that you are giving the correct dose or maybe you made a typo
and meant to put 0.5ml.as  0.05ml. would be an incredibly small amount and
hard to measure. I don't know the strength of your mixture but Septrin
comes in the same strength every time here in England.

Hope your elderly piggy recovers soon. Ear infections are a miserable
illness to endure.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.