[Gpdd] HEALTH: Re Zoe

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 09:10:54 EDT 2014

Dear Dee and Joe,

I am so sorry to read that Zoe has inoperable cancer and hope that her last
days will be peaceful ones but you have the necessary pain meds to ease her
passing when the time comes.

I wonder if June does have an idea that something is amiss with her mother.
I believe that piggies know more than we give them credit for.

I can understand you not wanting to have any more piggies as it is so
incredibly painful when they go to the Rainbow Bridge and I have had this
happen more than most. Whenever I have lost one, another seems to come
along needing a place at Piggyfriends but, one day, I will be in the same
position as you and have just one remaining piggy and I am in denial about
that.

One piggy on their own here is comforted by the sounds, sights and smells
of the rest of the herd even if he/she is separated from them albeit
temporarily but I have, occasionally, had one in their own cage for a
while. I remember that Monty spent a long time apart from his group when he
was recovering from an eye op and he liked to snuggle with a small teddy
bear, which I had rubbed against the hair of one of his roommates.

When I lost Ash, I worried about her daughter Sylvie, who was seven at the
time. She had slowed down at that age and I was concerned that there would
be too much competition for the veggies if I put her with another group. I
rolled up a piece of grey Vetbed into a piggy shape and tied it with
string. I rubbed it against Ash's coat and hoped that Sylvie, who was going
blind, might think that it was her mother. They were both silver grey
piggies. I don't think that she was fooled for a moment but she too liked
to snuggle against this pretend piggy, which kept her warm and she spent a
few more happy months with us.

So, maybe a cuddly toy might help Zoe. It doesn't need to be a toy piggy.

Sending love and hugs all round, especially for Zoe and June.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.