[Gpdd] MISC: Chirping piggies

Lynn Williams mlwilliams at clear.net
Mon Oct 27 14:03:05 EDT 2014

Hello GP friends and family,

I am so excited and also frustrated at the same time!  This morning, Callie
was feeling rather hormonal and would not leave poor Eve alone.  She was
chasing her back and forth across the cage from pigloo to castle and finally
would mount her when she caught her. In the meantime, Eve was doing that
little muttering sound that I translate as "Would you pleeeeeeease leave me
alone!?".  So, after having to intervene 3 or 4 times, I was debating on
putting up a seperator wall in their cage.  I had come back to the living
room to decide.  Meanwhile, Earl was in the pig's room on his computer.
Suddenly, he came out to me and asked "What in pig language is a chirping
bird sound?"  I got so excited. I had heard of this phenomenon but hade
never experienced it for myself.  He said Eve had been doing if for about 2
minutes hwen he cane and got me.  Of course, wouldn't you know it, by the
time I got in there, she had quit.  But I aksed some questions and he said
she was just sitting there with her head up making that sound and Callie was
in her pigloo with her head up, listening.  I was soooo disappointed that I
missed it!  But, the good news is that since this happened, Callie has left
Eve alone.  So I am wondering if it is a stress call or some kind of a
warning call.  I don't know but I am so excited to know that Eve is one of
those rare piggies that chirps,  I hope to hear it next time.

Hugs and whisker kisses,
Lynn, Callie and  Eve with Sammy, Tabby and Penny the guide dog at the
bridge and in our hearts and memories