[Gpdd] MISC Chirping piggies

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 06:36:01 EDT 2014

I've had a few chirpers through the years. As I had canaries for many years
too, it was sometimes hard to discern who was singing as the piggies
sounded just like the birds.

I've never associated the singing with fear as I have seen them doing it in
the middle of a meal. Amongst a group of them eating a pile of grass and
chomping away happily, one might suddenly start to chirp. Nothing else was
going on. No scary noises outside. No need to fear anything. Or maybe this
one was ecstatic about the quality of the grass.

I've read that it mostly happens at night but mine all "sang" during the
day.

I don't know if it is a family thing but my Sapphire and her son, Rye, were
both chirpers. I haven't heard a chirp for a while.

Lovely sound.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.