[Gpdd] Misc: Sassy, Sweetie, Cody

dogcatpiggymom at yahoo.com dogcatpiggymom at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 14 13:35:15 EDT 2014

Hi Penny!  Please do let me know if you find out anything about lymph nodes.
It just didn't make sense to me to remove them and I'm really glad I didn't.
Sassy to absolutely fine!
You are so correct that surgery is hard on guinea pigs.

I got a call from a woman looking to give up her two females, now over 3 years
old.  I have several rescue friends that I rely upon and one said she will take them
and spay them.  I had very mixed feelings about that.   I have
placed many intact sets or pairs of piggies without going through spay/neuter
because I placed them into homes that were suited for intact animals.  They didn't
have opposite sex piggies and didn't want them for breeding or they only had the

pigs I adopted  to them.  I would be so worried to spay 3 year old pigs.  Am I wrong?

Is it safeto spay older pigs if there is no medical reason (such as ovarian cysts/cancer)?
I'd love the opinions of others.

Sweetie continues to do great with only a slight head tilt.  She is now 6 yrs/8 months.

Hi Jaime!  I am sure it's worrisome for you to see that your beautiful baby, Cody, is
not yet doing what "average" 14 month old babies do...but...he CAN catch up on his
own.  My husband had a friend whose son was nearly 5 years old and still not talking,
but one day he started and never stopped.  It makes me wonder if babies do what
they want when they want!  Please keep us posted.  I am sending you my very best
and giant hugs to Cody!

Joanne, Baci, Sweetie, Sassy, Ellie