[Gpdd] HEALTH:Spaying

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 17:47:00 EDT 2014

Joanne,

You are quite right about those little sows.

There is absolutely no reason why they should be spayed. This is a major
operation for piggies and should only be done if there is a medical reason
for it so why your rescue friend should believe it necessary is beyond me.

All operations are very risky for piggies of any age. They are poor
candidates for anaesthesia anyway so why put them through an unnecessary (
and expensive ) procedure? Please try to talk her out of it or find these
little girls another new home.

I never have any of my Piggyfriends neutered or spayed. I never have any
trouble pairing up same sex piggies and I have boars and sows living right
next door to each other.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.