[Gpdd] re GPDD (Health) (More searching about bumblefoot, and some spiritual stuff, by me)

Ellen Garrison guineamom88 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 16 04:26:06 EDT 2014

I have been online researching bumblefoot.

Angel's front right, foot pad,  is swollen but not ulcerated, thank God! (Remember, it seems to me to be like a test: having faith lets us all know that God, or as I love to say "the god of one's understanding"-- people and religions may be different in understanding... and I include everyone in this, even agnostics.. That this god takes care of EVERYTHING).

OK, back to topic:  I did read in Guinea Lynx that the thing to do with non -ulcerated bumblefoot, is to put a corn relief pad [not a corn remover pad] on the bottom of  the affected foot. Again, Corn RELIEF PADS, and not corn remover pads. You want the kind that look like little doughnuts, Dr. Scholl's in the US has a good one that may help. I got some, but also (in Guinea Lynx ), it states that a foot needs to be wrapped in gauze including the 'claws'.  I have just trimmed his toenails. I think we will be having fine ground critical care with some banana. then a dosage of children's ibuprofen (Advil) 100 mg /5 mL.  I was just wondering if anyone else had dressed a piggy foot in gauze to help heal a bumblefoot, and then use a corn relief pad --the kind with a hole in the middle--to help alleviate bumblefoot.
Since Angel is living with Hina'u, they have a bigger cage, with hay, and also I noticed his eyes were quite crusty and his nose was abit as well, so I think I may give probiotics to him first, and then start him on another cycle of sulfatrim because of the symptoms of his eyes and nose. for 14 days.
~Ellen