[Gpdd] HEALTH: Bumblefoot

Luita Dean Spangler luitad at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Wed Sep 17 14:38:07 EDT 2014

Ellen, some years ago I had an elderly pig who came down with bumblefoot
in both her front feet. My very patient vet took the time to soak her feet
in a betadine solution daily, then painted her feet with the solution and
wrapped each paw carefully in bandages. Her bumblefoot was actually almost
gone when she died of an unrelated ailment - probably cancer - which had
probably made her susceptible to bumblefoot in the first place. Bumblefoot
requires close and lengthy treatment, but I believe it can be cured.

Luita
Jonas and Emilie