[Gpdd] MISC New pig and Clover

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 11:39:32 EDT 2014

Dear Anneli,

I do hope that Clover continues to heal. I don't see why your vet did not
suggest another Xray. It is the only way to check if the bone is knitting
together properly.

I loved your story about the real pig at the vets. Most vets in England
would make a home visit to see such a pet and it would be such a laugh to
see someone trying to get in my vet's door with a real pig.

Welcome new little piggy Cresta! I am glad that Clover seems to get on OK
with her.

Cresteds don't shed hair any more than other piggies so do get her checked
out for mites. Any newcomers here at Piggyfriends are treated with
Ivermectin and Panacur on arrival to eliminate any unwanted strays that
they might have brought in with them. If you don't normally treat Clover,
do her at the same time.

Sandy is right that fungal issues can cause hair loss so give her a bath in
a suitable shampoo. I use Vet Sect Repel, which is wonderful at clearing up
everything from bugs to fungus. On her Piggyville pages, our Ann suggests
using Adams shampoo as VetSect Repel is not available in the US. I don't
know why as it is a wonderful product. Look near the end of this page

http://piggyville.com/index.php?id=9

You could bath the two girls together. Sharing a bath often brings piggies
closer together.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.