[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE: Callie

GARY HESS joanhess4 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 2 18:42:25 EDT 2015

Dear Lynn,
I'm really sorry that, on top of all the other difficulties you're facing right now, that you must say good-bye to a little friend you've worked so hard to save. It's not just disappointing; it's infuriating to have lost her most likely due to veterinarian error. I lost my dearest Hershey due to THREE exotics vets tell me she couldn't possibly have E. cuniculi and then, after she died, one said offhandedly, "Oh, I guess it WAS E cuniculi." I can relate. But before you decide not to have any more piggies, consider what would've happened to those two sisters had you not had the courage to take them in. Would they have had the kind of life you've been able to give them? Is a life, however short, lived fully while filled with love? Yes, there is a horrible lack of excellent vets, but is that a reason to let these little ones languish in some pet store long enough to be unsaleable and become snake food? I applaud those of us who cannot provide a perfect environment for our little ones yet still dare to give them the very best we can. I also have deepest respect for those whose consciences will not permit bringing a piggie into a home where good vet care can't be found.
 I think piggie people are the greatest, and you are a star shining amongst us.
Sending heartfelt sympathy and love,
Joanie and The Beautifuls