[Gpdd] HEALTH Re Hyperthyroid piggy

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 16:55:27 EDT 2015

Dear Luita,

I am so sorry to read that Jonas has been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism.
One of my dogs suffered from this and was on medication for most of her
very long life.

I would not risk surgery on one of my piggies at the age of 6 and I agree
with you that it is best left alone.

Critical Care is not approved of by my piggies but they do like Critter Be
Better by Amercian Pet Supplements. I don't know if you are able to buy
this in Germany.

I like to use a syringeable mix made from Supreme Science Selective - a
long name for what I call "little stars". I also use mashed banana as it
goes up the syringe very easily and Readibrek ( a human breakfast cereal ).

It is so very hard to get them to put weight back on but 990 grams is not
bad considering all that is going on.

I am sending my very best wishes and lots of hugs for your little man

Good luck Jonas.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.