[Gpdd] HEALTH: pododermatitis

bunny rabbit calliope996 at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 22 21:25:40 EDT 2015

Sorry if I've spelled it wrong, but Ethan seems to have a minor case of
pododermatitis (bumblefoot). He is a Texel, so when he sits, basically
he is usually resting on all four feet (unlike Eddie, a crested, who
often rests on his side anddoesn't have pressure on each foot). At any
rate, the problem is Ethan's back feet.  I don't really see anything on
one back foot, but on the other is a small callus. My vet gave me
chlorahexadine to clean both back feet once a day, as well as cotton
balls, gauze, and vet wrap, but Ethan is a master at getting out of the
vet wrap. We've wrapped one foot about five times since this afternoon.

They have a large cage, where they are on towels covered by newspaper,
which is covered by shredded paper.  They have various cozies to rest in
and on. They also get floortime each day on a kind of linoleum surface,
so I'm not sure how they could have more comfy "flooring."

Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, advice? I am very concerned.

Thanks,
Cindy, Ethan, and Eddie