[Gpdd] HEALTH: pododermatitis

ME me at buddies.org
Thu Apr 23 19:54:36 EDT 2015

Keeping feet wrapped.  Yes, that's a problem.  Here's what I came up with.  I use a cotton round (I found them with the cotton balls, it's basically a flattened out cotton ball) and two pieces of first aid tape (about 1.5 in long, it needs to go all the way around and touch itself or the whole thing will come off).  I lay it on top of the foot so that the edge touches the end of the foot (doesn't need to cover the nails).  I wrap the excess around the leg first (snugly, but not too tight, but not too loose either) and fasten it (it's easier if you put the tape on first, near the top of the cotton, but in a place where it will only touch the cotton so it doesn't adhere to the hair).  Then I wrap around the foot and fasten with tape.  The cotton can stretch some, but be gentle as it will come apart.

Good luck.  At least it's on the back legs.  It's much harder to wrap front feet as there's not as much to anchor on.

I hope Ethan gets better soon.