[Gpdd] [ANNOUNCE] Introducting Dmitri Stormlord

Jocelyn Anderson jocelynm at umich.edu
Tue Apr 28 09:25:21 EDT 2015

Hello All,

Please welcome Dmitri Stormlord, the newest addition to our piggy family!
We adopted a very tiny Abyssinian piggy. He is all black except for one
blonde tuft on his left side. He was rescued from a hoarder house - if
you've ever seen the show where people have tons of garbage in their house,
it was like that - and he had lice. A pretty rough life so far for the
little guy.

We brought him home Saturday morning. We were worried that he wasn't eating
anything, but I noticed later that day that the baby carrot was gone from
the pile of veggies. I gave him another carrot, and that one vanished too.
He also enjoys lettuce and cucumber.

Most of his time has been spent hiding in his small hay hut. I first saw
him out of his hut on Saturday, and yesterday he was out of his hut for a
few moments testing out his little squeaker. He's slowly coming around to
seeing the world is not such a scary place.

Right now he's by himself, but we're hoping to have a meet-and-greet with
the piggy Apollo in a week or so. In the meantime, we're going to break
down the walls between Apollo's and Dmitri's cage so they can have a chat.
We're very happy to have the little fuzzy!

Jocelyn, Gruden von Squeakycheeks, Apollo, and Dmitri Stormlord