[Gpdd] [HEALTH]Chanca Piedra and Cornsilk extract

Ann Evans ann.evans at hintlink.com
Thu Apr 30 14:33:00 EDT 2015

Hi Kathy,

Thank you so much for replying. " I purchased both extracts from
luckyvitamin.com   As far as the dosage (my piggy passed almost 3 years
ago), the vet had me just give him 3 drops of the cornsilk in the
morning and evening.  The Chanca Piedra was two drops I think, but I
could be wrong.  He was a big boy, over 7 pounds though.  I understand
that some people dilute, but I was directed to give it to him in drops.
  I usually dropped it on his favorite veggy and that worked well.  Hope
that helps.  Kathy"

  You may know that I am a rodentologist but I am also a  retired
natural products biochemist.  I am always looking for homeopathic
remedies for guinea pigs. I just ordered Chanca plus powder from Galen's
Garden in the UK. It also contains cornsilk powder.

http://galensgarden.co.uk/shop/dried-herbs/herb-powders/chanca-plus-powder

I have operated a sanctuary for piggys for over 25 years and have had
many stone pigs. I just returned from 5 months on the French Island of
Corsica where two of my female piggys developed stones in their
urethra's even though I had them on low calcium water. Here in Tampa I
always give my piggys reverse osmosis water since our water is very
hard. I had to manually massage out both of the stones. In most sows the
stones present in the urethra. But if you do not detect them soon enough
the body grows a thin membrane over them. This makes them very difficult
to remove without doing surgery. This can happen in the bladder or
urethra. Since I have rescued so many stone pigs over the years I
automatically check the genitals whenever I pick up a piggy. Luckily I
was able to massage out the pea size stones and did not have to resort
to surgery. Stones in the urethra can be removed using just a local
anesthetic. In sows stones seldom block off urination, but in boars
stones often totally obstruct urination. I have always had a fondness
for boars over females. But because their anatomy is more complicated
than sows surgery is almost always required when a stone is present. The
idea that there is something out there that can dissolve stones
intrigues me. I have used Rowatinex but not with any success. The
problem is with boars the smaller the stone the greater the risk of it
getting caught in the urethra in a place where even surgery can not
remove it. I have had a lot of success with pushing stones back up into
the bladder of boars and then removing them. So I have to admit that I
am excited about the Chanca if it causes the stone to disintegrate. It
sounds like that is what happened in your case. But if it works by
slowly making the stone get smaller and smaller that scares me. Knock on
wood all of the surgeries that I have assisted at in removing bladder
stones have been successful. But I know the day will come when a surgery
will not be successful.  I am wondering if this can actually be used on
a prophylactic basis like how we use hydrangea root extract or how
others use shillatong?

I am so grateful that you took the time to write me.
Cheers, Ann and the Piggys of Piggyville Tampa USA