[Gpdd] Misc re: very old piggies

Christine Burton christineburton83 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 13:03:26 EST 2015

Hello all, I have not kept up with posting.i have enjoyed reading about the
older piggies.my herbie lived to nine years and seven months. His vet
visits were checkups,never treatment.he stayed well till he died in his
sleep. At the time I didnt appreciate how fortunate i was or herbie.only
since i joined the digest have i realised how different it can be for
different piggies.herbie was an abbysinian cross.i bought him in a
petshop.i had gone in for piggie food and a man with a child were showing
interest but the shop assistant seemed to be trying to put them off.when
they left saying they would,come back later to see him again, the asistant
told me they had had other pets that died or they got rid of then got young
ones again...so herbie came home with me.he was purring and nuzzling into
the assistants kneck as we chatted and that was rhat.he was nuetered and
joined two girlfriends then i got another male and nuetered him.i was
unaware of any dangers then.both boys outlived their girls.herbie had two
girls from a rescue for company till he died.he was always a talkative
character.condolances to all affected by losses.i apologise for not
responding individually.i am often thinking of you all. Chris charlie and
archie xxx