[Gpdd] HEALTH: charlie's operation

Christine Burton christineburton83 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 11:38:23 EST 2015

On 6 Feb 2015 14:36, "Christine Burton" <christineburton83 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all charlie had the aspiration yesterday.The lump had gone much
bigger. The vet said it was more fluid than usual. It also went very deep.
She drained it and he has a very large hole.I have flushed it out this
morning. That is to be done twice a day. I have been given baytril anti
biotic and metacam pain relief. I flush it with salt water then plug it
with a gel. I did ask for rimidyl and septrim but was told rimidyl doesn't
come in oral for for small animals or septrim. I am giving bit c now,I
didn't before.charlie tried to eat straight away when he got home and ate
kale and timothy hay. This morning he didn't eat kale or grapes or celery
which are usual favorites but ate some mint and parsley and celery leaves
before I gave meds. and he is eating his timathy  hay which is the very
green long loose stalks processed by alfalfa king
> ..I syringed extra water but not food.he is extremely good about
syringing and flushing and gives me nose rubs when I check the cavity. He
goes back for a check up tomorro.Incase anyone is interested to know this.
up to now. has cost nearly £200.I can pay it in sections so it's not a
problem I would be interested to know if this is a reasonable amount to
pay. Charlie is worth it .But it's still early days. The vet bet said it
doesn't have a very good success rate!! Thanks for all your input.I
couldn't have left it any longer that's for sure. The vet wanted to do
complete Surgical remove all of the access as she thought it would ha en a
better outcome but. because it was so fluid and so deep she said it wasn't
an option.my problem is I no longer drive but rely on a bus or taxi to get
to vet so. am wary of moving practise. Christine and charlie and archie the
troublemaker.