[Gpdd] HEALTH: Re: HEALTH: Callie's Dr. app results

Lynn Williams mlwilliams at clear.net
Fri Feb 6 21:32:07 EST 2015

Dear Sandy,

She wouldn't give me anything for pain, saying Callie wouldn't need it. She
did say though that she had given her an injection for pain right after she
finished checking her.  She did not have my permission to do this and it
made me angry.  I am definitely giving her Children's IBProfin and at Ann's
recommended amount.  I kept asking the vet about something for thrush but
she wouldn't give me anything, saying Callie is showing no sign of it. Sigh.
So, I will have to see what I can find on line until I can find the right
vet to take care of her.

Thank you for the info on the cranberries.  I have  a farmer's market just
down the road from me and might be able to find fresh ones there.  I will
definitely look into it.  If I can't get them there, I will get some frozen
ones.

Ann and I are in close contact and she is aware  of all this so she is
advising me about evrything.  I am kind of in a bad place with no vet that I
can trust and herer Callie is sick.  She is eatiing more though and is
putting back on some weightg.  She is still eating very slowly and caerfully
and I think maybe her mouth is tender where the vet filed and clipped her
front teeth.  She does eat bell pepper strips and her pellets but does so
very slowly.  I am still supplementing her with CBB and she is doing very
well with that too.  I put olive oil in it per Ann in order to avoid bloat.
Good lord, there is so much to worry about and so little help here where I
am.  A lot of what I need to do for her rerquires a prescription and this
vet didn't even want to deworm Callie, much less write me a prescription for
the stuff to do it with. I had to insist on it this time.

As I told Ann, I am very disappointed and totally frustrated and feeling
totally overwhelmed.  I feed Callie every 2 hours and am also giving her
water at the same time.  SShe does well with both.

Thank you for your concern and your advice.

Hugs, love and whisker kisses,
Lynn, Callie & Eve with Sammy, Tabby and Penny the guide dog at the bridge
and in our hearts and memories