[Gpdd] Health: Elderly Woopy slowly loosing weight

Mieke Staaks pandameisje at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 11:20:26 EST 2015

Hi all,

Sandy, thanks for your advice. Woopy does not seem ill or in pain. She
still moves around a lot for her age. It is just that she losses weight
slowly. Ow and she screams for food like she is starved, but don't they all
do that?

Ann, I have wormed my piggies for a while the stopped doing that because my
panacur was over it's best before date and it was hard to get for me. I do
use ivomectine to treat them periodically, but you put it behind their
ears, so it is not given in the mouth.
Do you think it is advisable to get them on panacur again? Could that cause
her slow weight loss? I have just found a Dutch website that sells it an
got a discount coupon for it today.
I wonder how do piggies get worms when they are living inside? They do of
course get hay from outside...

I will monitor if she seems in real pain, as I just wrote she still moves
around a lot. If she needs it I will get her a pain killer.

Thanks again for the advice,
Mieke