[Gpdd] HEALTH: Update on Baytril

Sandra Oliver-Poore warmbreath at comcast.net
Tue Feb 10 21:56:12 EST 2015

Dear Lynn.  I have been scouring the web trying to find info on the length
of treatment with Baytril to no avail. My initial thought was for you to do
exactly as you had, call and ask about  refill.  My own belief is that when
a disease organism repeats the antibiotic should have the dosage extended
and depending on the exact antibiotic, the dosage increased.  I can find
anything to back it up. My personal experience with a sinus infection that
lasted for a year was that every time I went back to the doc they would
refill a prescription for the exact amount and time. Then four or five days
after the dosage ran out I was sick again and as I said this went on for a
long time, maybe a year. I finally put my foot down and demanded a months'
worth and I was given it. The sinus infection didn't return.  I believe you
said that she has had a UTI before, a few months to a year ago. She may have
had a low grade infection for a long time. Since this is possible I
personally would ask for more as you have done. Perhaps a professional will
answer. I did find a reference on a bunny medical website that a bun was
treated with Baytril, it seemed to work so the owner asked for 2 weeks more
and was given it. This can't be contorted into medical advice but it is
clearly done. I am just sorry I couldn't find the normal dosage along with
the length of treatment. Do try to skip as few doses as possible by getting
her on the refill as soon as possible.
BTW  The shipment of Daktarin is leaving tomorrow (Wed) should be there in
three days or so as I asked for a faster method of shipment,  but I will
update.  In the meantime I did find some advice that says to be sure to keep
the level of sugary foods down to a minimum as sugar promotes the growth of
candida in the mouth.  I don't know how to use the sachets. Most everything
else I found in my piggy cabinet was way expired.
That's all I can come up with today, I wish I was a pro but I am not.
Love, Sandy

---