[Gpdd] MISC Catching up

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 13:18:15 EST 2015

Hello again dear friends,

I have been in hospital having hip replacement surgery. Everything went
perfectly and I was home by last Thursday but this is the first time that I
have been able to sit in front of my computer.

This is the legacy of a lifetime's gardening not to mention decades of
cleaning out piggy pens on the floor so beware those of you who have a herd
of porkers living at ground level.

My son has been pigsitting and, once I was out of hospital, has been
reading the Digest to me but until today, I could only prop myself up at my
desk and send a few very short emails in lower case only ( apologies to any
recipients }.

My son has now gone back to work and my husband is having to clean out the
pens as it will be 6 weeks before I am allowed to kneel down again. Grrr!
He's doing very well considering this is the first time he has ever done
it. He fetches bales of hay and sacks of feed, cuts grass and buys veggies
but he has never been hands on with the piggers. He's getting better at
picking them up - two of my pensioner pigs need impactions clearing out
twice a day - and he passes them to me to do the necessary. The three
monthly round of worming starts today so the patients will need picking up
so that I can give them their meds .I would never miss their worming by
even a day as it is vital to the Piggyfriends' well being.

Thanks a million to everyone who sent me good wishes, which were very much
appreciated and thanks once again to Ann for the amazing get well present.

Now I will reply to the posts that I have missed.

Penny.