[Gpdd] Off Topic: Queensland cyclones

julie johnson juliejohnson12 at bigpond.com
Sun Feb 22 04:33:51 EST 2015

Hello my dearest Sandy, and all GPDD members

Thank you so much for remembering us in Queensland.    Yes, we survived the
cyclone.   There were two at the same time, one in the top of Queensland,
the other in mid-Queensland.  You 've got a good  memory Sandy.   The
cyclone was good rain for us, but it has made the humidity quite unbearable.
It was a very bad cyclone when it hit the coast, really not that far from
us, maybe a 5 hour drive away.  We were very lucky, we just had a lot, and I
mean a lot, of much needed rain.    All the water tanks are full to
overflowing, and the ground is all squelchy to walk on.   But hopefully so
much rain has helped to settle some dust that has been plaguing us for a
couple of years now.   Due to the drought, the grass has died underneath all
our beautiful trees, but the weeds have survived.   And there's a lot of
just plain dirt amongst the weeds.  So, every time we mow, the dust flies"
hell west and crooked".  It's been so humid today, and most of our summer
has been stinking hot & humid - totally opposite to you all in the USA.  Our
world is going crazy I fear, and I don't think things will improve, just get
worse every year.

It's a shame that so many piggies have passed away, leaving their slaves so
bereft and lost.   Sooty died on 19 Oct, and Kimba died on 23 October.   I
keep Treacle with me in his cage in my bedroom.   It was the only way I
could think of to keep him from grieving for his two favourite friends.   I
think the total change in surroundings, the sound of the TV in my room and
human and dog traffic making noise gave him something different to think
about.  It's 4 months since my boys died, so I think Treacle is over the
fretting phase.

I'm very proud to announce that Treacle has reached 6 years of age!   As I
watch him today, he's been doing a lot of sleeping, and looking bored in his
cage.   I attempt to give him variety and give him floor time, but he just
sits in his castle and stays there for hours until I put him home.   I
cuddle him as long as he will let me, which is only a couple of minutes at a
timeHe just wants to be in his cage, and possibly that is because he is
aging or because there's no other piggy for him to rumblestrut with.

I would appreciate some advice from any slaves out there.  Treacle has a
huge lump of skin/a lesion, which when I squeeze it, out comes pus from all
these little openings.   That is exactly where his grease spot used to be.
Right beside it is a smaller growth, which was the initial area of the
growth starting.   That area has remained the size of two cotton tops wide,
and I can actually put the top of the Q-tip well into the opening.   I
squeeze it, and heaps of pus comes out.

Someone mentioned that Epsom salts is a good drawerer, so I have been
treating it daily with the Epsom salts.   But whilst it draws enough for the
pus to come out quicker than originally, the lumps are still there.   The
huge lump would measure say 1" wide by 1.5" long, and I can lift it to find
his normal skin.   It's as if I could get a pair of scissors and cut it off.
It's not joined to his body by very much skin at all.  (I just had a
thought.  Sometimes I hear of people taking say a skin tag, tying some
cotton around it, which stops the blood supply, and causes the skin tag to
drop off.   Could this be an option?

I recall seeing in one posting about someone's piggy having a lump and I'm
sure the advice was to use colloidal silver & manuka honey.     Would that
be the way to go?  And, if so, how would I administer this potion.   It's
impossible to wrap it with a bandage.

Any help would be welcome.   I do so want to keep my last little love with
me for as long as possible.

One thing, I will not get those lumps taken off by surgery and under
anaesthetic.   I am positive that anaesthesia is so very bad for piggies,
and I know that Kimba died when he did because he never recovered from so
many bouts of anaesthesia.   I think Treacle is too old to withstand the
anaesthesia, and he is certainly not suffering because of the lumps (except
when I squeeze to get some pus out because it's better out then in).

Anyway, that's all from me, not much to say now, except that I'm very, very
lonely for my boys.   I miss them so much, never a day goes by I don't think
of them all, and hug every one of them with my heart.

Hugs to all slaves and masters,
Julie & Treacle